Sunday, January 23, 2005

One Sleep 'til Santa



Well, everyone kept asking me this week, "Are you getting excited about your trip yet?"

The answer was usually, "no," which surprised a lot of people. I've just had too much on my mind, too many things to do, to be distracted by excitement.


This morning was different. From the minute I woke up there was a nervous feeling in my stomach, and it felt kinda like Christmas Eve. So yes, I am now "officially" excited about my (seriously) pending trip.

Still, it's not all plain sailing. First I have to say goodbye to my two girls (daughter and fiancee), which won't be easy.

Then there is the problem that arose last week - my friend and travelling companion Colin has come down with a really bad case of the 'flu. Of course our tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, and he hadn't arranged travel insurance - which limits his option to two - go, or don't go. I am hoping he will be well enough to go, but only he will be able to judge if he's well enough to fly.

As I speak it is 29 degrees (centigrade) in Chennai - which is about 29 degrees hotter than here in Scotland!!! Kinda the reverse of the experiences I've had going for sunbeds (to top up my skin's resistance to the topical sun, and also reduce the blinding glare off my milky-white skin for the sake of the good people of India) - one minute lovely and hot, next I'm out in the gale force winds and hailstones that OMN has been throwing our way of late.

So, prolly my last post from Scotland, better go pack my bags (if you think I'm joking, you obviously don't know me ;-)